Tuesday, June 19, 2012

How fast is slow?...

 Raise your voice
In repeating patterns
Of plans, life plans
Of to do's and news

How fast is slow?
Is this is the right time to go?
How will I know-
That I can
Until I do

And then you will look at me
Thinking you were right
But I refuse to let that fight ignite
It's been a long time
You don't know me at all

Yes, that was nice.
Great letter.
Good pictures.
All is well.
You just have to let go. 

If I accept the way that it be
Does that mean you have lost knowing me?

You don't listen to my running complaints
Remember when that was romantic?
To know what lurked within me
All the days that you cannot bare
It's when I begin to stare
I have to go.

Today is too much
Monotony on repeat
I move too slow
I am tired
For awhile
But it will get done

I can do it.
I always pretend for you.
I feel the need to.
But I don't have to be happy. 

My stomach shakes
Making plans
Of attack

Remember when you can just be you?
I only want to listen to me
And pursue what learning I have to do
Someday smile
We walked for awhile

I think of you, but I can't call
And it's not who you think you are
Stop this guessing game
I'm sorry for the story
It's been awhile
Since I've seen you smile
I gamble my way
And it works
Up to this day

Gamble away my time
In a year or two
Things have taken me back
Nothing wasted all together planned
Reaching to old times
It's been a long time
Life will listen
It does even when I cover my ears

How fast is slow?
We will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment