Friday, May 27, 2011

Sweet Simplicity...

There is nothing to fight. On either side we find light. But I move, no longer standing in between. My dreams float into the world. Landing along the paved road, I can see ahead.
Living the simple life. Taking time to breathe in sweet treats. Standing next to the kitchen sink, looking out, smiling toward you. This is joy. This is all I need.
In high school I remember driving Saturday afternoons from ballet class to the planetarium to watch a show about the stars. I did this four Saturdays in a row and then I stopped. I can still feel my foot resting on the car ledge and hear the relaxing beats of my old emo music. The breeze loosened my bun and dried my sweat. I can feel myself fade into that moment. This drive is one of my happiest memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment