Monday, March 21, 2011

China Lilies...

China lilies grew at my grandparents house. My mom said they were her favorite when she was young. They became my favorite. I found them in my backyard in California and to my delight they smelled as full of sweet as I remembered when I was a kid. I don't know what they are really called, I don't think China Lily is the right name, but I've decided to carry on the tradition. And so they are China Lilies. And they fill my nose with tickles of honey sweet. I love flowers at the kitchen table. 


Today was a rainy day, but at least the snow has melted away. Spring is near, I can feel the color pounding below the Earth's surface and I keep imagining growth. I can't believe everything sleeps once a year. I am ready to wake, my eyes large with desire. Bring me life.

No comments:

Post a Comment